ProjectCreate a 10Gb wireless network and management infrastructure throughout the campus buildings. This was to be achieved by deploying state-of-the-art access points, connected via a high-performance internet service.
TimeframeThe project was phased, with major elements undertaken outside term time to minimise disruption to students.
We designed a detailed plan of how the cabling work would be undertaken, with consideration of minimising the impact on a listed property. This was reviewed by the Historic Buildings Commission who approved the works. Our sympathetic approach to the building and communication with site staff were paramount through every step of the infrastructure upgrade.
Our IT solutions resulted in reliable, high performing technology that provides the college with facilities that are suitable for current and future studies. We continue to support the central facility in New Jersey and on-site staff, by offering local monitoring and management services.
- Assessment of existing infrastructure and the campus buildings
- Detailed cabling design to evidence due care in heritage preservation
- Deployment of over 100 Cisco Meraki access points
- Management switches and UPSs at local nodes
- High-performance cabling to achieve the required 10Gb bandwidth
- Commissioning a new external internet service to extend capacity
- Replacing the computer room infrastructure
- Installing network cabinets
- Systems monitoring & management
“We felt Flex IT showed a genuine interest in providing the best solution for us. Their technical capability showed in the detailed wireless proposal they presented and their flexible approach to working with us was unlike the other vendors we approached. As a result of deploying their solution, we have been able to transform the Abbey's infrastructure to one meeting the demands of 21st Century students at this campus. Ongoing support issues are handled by their technicians in a timely manner.”